One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mineral of the apatite group that is the main inorganic constituent of tooth enamel and bone, although it is rare in rocks.
- ‘The most familiar apatite derivative is hydroxyapatite, the bulk mineral constituent of bone.’
- ‘A less popular ‘filler ‘for wrinkles is made from calcium hydroxyapatite, a substance used to replace missing bone.’’
- ‘In view of the elastic modulus of hydroxyapatite being at least three orders of magnitude larger than that of collagen, this seems to be quite natural.’
- ‘Some manufacturers also have coated their implants with a calcium phosphate-based material called calcium hydroxyapatite.’
- ‘Bone consists of collagen banded fibrils sprinkled with tiny crystals of the mineral hydroxyapatite, which is basically calcium phosphate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.