One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline compound made by the reduction of benzoquinone.
- ‘Bleaching agents include hydroquinone, which is available in 2 to 4 percent creams and gels.’
- ‘The creams often contain dangerously high amounts of hydroquinone, a depigmenting chemical that can be harmful or fatal in large doses.’
- ‘Cosmetic improvement has been reported with laser therapy or topical treatment with tretinoin or hydroquinone.’
- ‘This may be due to the reaction products that are formed when hydroquinone is present.’
- ‘A similar explanation might account for the failure to detect the genotoxicity of hydroquinone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.