One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The mechanics of liquids; hydrodynamics, especially in relation to mechanical applications.
- ‘She then had the opportunity to give advanced courses on hydromechanics and dynamics.’
- ‘He was a brilliant representative of the trend in the development of precise mathematical methods in hydromechanics and aeromechanics.’
- ‘He wrote textbooks on hydromechanics and vector analysis.’
- ‘Second, over the last thirty years, the engine control system has been characterized by a radical shift in its underlying technologies: from hydromechanics to digital electronics.’
- ‘In this and other cases, these properties are important for applications to problems of underground hydromechanics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.