Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular The mechanics of liquids; hydrodynamics, especially in relation to mechanical applications.
- ‘He was a brilliant representative of the trend in the development of precise mathematical methods in hydromechanics and aeromechanics.’
- ‘In this and other cases, these properties are important for applications to problems of underground hydromechanics.’
- ‘Second, over the last thirty years, the engine control system has been characterized by a radical shift in its underlying technologies: from hydromechanics to digital electronics.’
- ‘She then had the opportunity to give advanced courses on hydromechanics and dynamics.’
- ‘He wrote textbooks on hydromechanics and vector analysis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.