One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The mechanics of liquids; hydrodynamics, especially in relation to mechanical applications.
- ‘He was a brilliant representative of the trend in the development of precise mathematical methods in hydromechanics and aeromechanics.’
- ‘Second, over the last thirty years, the engine control system has been characterized by a radical shift in its underlying technologies: from hydromechanics to digital electronics.’
- ‘She then had the opportunity to give advanced courses on hydromechanics and dynamics.’
- ‘In this and other cases, these properties are important for applications to problems of underground hydromechanics.’
- ‘He wrote textbooks on hydromechanics and vector analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.