One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science concerned with the properties of the earth's water, and especially its movement in relation to land.
- ‘The international conference is a forum for student teams to present the results of Earth science research projects about atmosphere, climate, hydrology, soil, land cover/biology, and phenology.’
- ‘The choice is made on the basis of their international significance in terms of ecology, botany, zoology, limnology, or hydrology.’
- ‘Physical sciences, particularly earth sciences such as geology and hydrology, are popular subjects for study and research in Oman's university and in a number of government ministries.’
- ‘Its scientific agenda brought back invaluable information about flora, fauna, hydrology and geography.’
- ‘A synthesis of many disciplines, hydrology is the science of water, its properties, its circulation, and its distribution in Earth and atmospheric systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.