The branch of science concerned with the properties of the earth's water, especially its movement in relation to land.
- ‘Its scientific agenda brought back invaluable information about flora, fauna, hydrology and geography.’
- ‘The international conference is a forum for student teams to present the results of Earth science research projects about atmosphere, climate, hydrology, soil, land cover/biology, and phenology.’
- ‘Physical sciences, particularly earth sciences such as geology and hydrology, are popular subjects for study and research in Oman's university and in a number of government ministries.’
- ‘The choice is made on the basis of their international significance in terms of ecology, botany, zoology, limnology, or hydrology.’
- ‘A synthesis of many disciplines, hydrology is the science of water, its properties, its circulation, and its distribution in Earth and atmospheric systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.