The science of surveying and charting bodies of water, such as seas, lakes, and rivers.
- ‘He was the founder of modern oceanography and hydrography.’
- ‘That opened a period of intense growth in scientific knowledge in the area of steamship mechanics, shipbuilding, hydrography and shipboard artillery.’
- ‘His work was both of a military and of a scientific nature, often combining these two aspects in his work on hydrography and cartography.’
- ‘He said: ‘I am very conscious of the excellent leadership of the nation's hydrography by my predecessors.’’
- ‘Samples were grouped in several distinct clusters that were generally consistent with the hydrography of the area.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.