One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geology concerned with water occurring underground or on the surface of the earth.
- ‘The board found it would have an impact on the geology, hydrogeology and ecology of the area.’
- ‘It is best suited for determining a region's hydrogeology, which is its main function.’
- ‘He is an active researcher in field and theoretical aspects of mass transport, contaminant hydrogeology and groundwater geochemistry.’
- ‘What I found is deep groundwater and hydrogeology, they have a big impact on the way we should be doing things in this part of the world.’
- ‘Due to their peculiar location, formation and hydrogeology, the coral islands have limited fresh water availability - both from surface and ground water sources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.