One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geology concerned with water occurring underground or on the surface of the earth.
- ‘Due to their peculiar location, formation and hydrogeology, the coral islands have limited fresh water availability - both from surface and ground water sources.’
- ‘It is best suited for determining a region's hydrogeology, which is its main function.’
- ‘The board found it would have an impact on the geology, hydrogeology and ecology of the area.’
- ‘He is an active researcher in field and theoretical aspects of mass transport, contaminant hydrogeology and groundwater geochemistry.’
- ‘What I found is deep groundwater and hydrogeology, they have a big impact on the way we should be doing things in this part of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.