Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for hydraulic fracturing
- ‘If the well is 700-1,000 feet deep, then hydrofracturing is generally chosen.’
- ‘A successful hydrofracturing allows the yield to increase from few tens of percent to more than hundred percent.’
- ‘This method is highly effective in making hydrofracturing more successful by removing debris that may block the effectiveness of the injection of high-pressure, high-volume water.’
- ‘So over the past four years, we've built that bridge; the drillers understand that hydrofracturing is a legitimate and productive technology.’
- ‘Generally after hydrofracturing, the water will remain murky and will take a few days to clear.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.