One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly poisonous acidic solution of hydrogen cyanide in water.
- ‘Cyanide content of trapped hydrocyanic acid was then determined quantitatively.’
- ‘This herb contains amygdalin which hydrolizes into benzaldehyde and hydrocyanic acid.’
- ‘Cassava is generally categorised as bitter or sweet depending on the level of hydrocyanic acid, which causes the bitter taste.’
- ‘However, the almonds inside apricot stones, like bitter almonds, contain hydrocyanic acid.’
- ‘This in turn will break the vial of hydrocyanic acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.