One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex and used medicinally to treat inflammation resulting from eczema and rheumatism.
- ‘Cortisol, also called hydrocortisone, is one of the most potent of the glucocorticoids.’
- ‘These drugs mimic the effects of the hormones cortisone and hydrocortisone, which are naturally produced by your adrenal glands.’
- ‘In a randomized control study of 32 patients, researchers successfully demonstrated a response to low-dose hydrocortisone.’
- ‘In fact, in the 1940s, up until the introduction of steroids such as hydrocortisone, fatty acids were the primary treatment for eczema.’
- ‘Regulation of the hormone hydrocortisone means that the ginseng helps control metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, sodium, potassium, protein, fluids and inflammation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.