Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound of a particular organic base with hydrochloric acid.with modifier ‘cocaine hydrochloride’
- ‘Unfortunately, most of the drugs entering the US come in as hydrochlorides.’
- ‘Diamorphine hydrochloride is highly soluble in water, facilitating its preparation at a high concentration.’
- ‘Cocaine hydrochloride is water soluble and may be used intranasally or by intravenous injection.’
- ‘Sibutramine hydrochloride is metabolized in the liver, reaching full concentrations in the blood stream within 3-4 hours.’
- ‘Cocaine hydrochloride can be chemically altered to remove other substances.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.