One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strongly acidic solution of the gas hydrogen chloride in water.
- ‘The complementary acid is typically either phosphoric acid or hydrochloric acid.’
- ‘Common household cleaners can contain simple inorganic chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite or hydrochloric acid.’
- ‘To determine the exact concentration, titrating the hydrochloric acid against a solution of base, for example sodium hydroxide, would be appropriate.’
- ‘His other discoveries included nitrogen, hydrochloric acid, ammonia and carbon monoxide, and he was the father of the soda-water industry.’
- ‘The plant makes chlorine gas from sea salt and then converts it into things like pool chlorine, caustic soda and hydrochloric acid for industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.