The accumulation of serous fluid in a body sac.
- ‘Alternatively, they can be drained with a needle and syringe, although the sac of the hydrocele may fill with fluid again after a few months.’
- ‘A hydrocele occurs when fluid collects in the membranes surrounding the testes.’
- ‘These membranes form a closed, fluid-lined sac, like a deflated balloon, that sometimes swells up to become a hydrocele.’
- ‘Possible causes include tumors of the testicle or spermatic cord, spermatoceles, hydroceles, varicoceles, hernias, or lipomas.’
- ‘What are some of the specific complications associated with hydrocele / hernia surgery?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.