Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The accumulation of serous fluid in a body sac.
- ‘Alternatively, they can be drained with a needle and syringe, although the sac of the hydrocele may fill with fluid again after a few months.’
- ‘What are some of the specific complications associated with hydrocele / hernia surgery?’
- ‘A hydrocele occurs when fluid collects in the membranes surrounding the testes.’
- ‘These membranes form a closed, fluid-lined sac, like a deflated balloon, that sometimes swells up to become a hydrocele.’
- ‘Possible causes include tumors of the testicle or spermatic cord, spermatoceles, hydroceles, varicoceles, hernias, or lipomas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.