Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The accumulation of serous fluid in a body sac.
- ‘A hydrocele occurs when fluid collects in the membranes surrounding the testes.’
- ‘What are some of the specific complications associated with hydrocele / hernia surgery?’
- ‘Possible causes include tumors of the testicle or spermatic cord, spermatoceles, hydroceles, varicoceles, hernias, or lipomas.’
- ‘Alternatively, they can be drained with a needle and syringe, although the sac of the hydrocele may fill with fluid again after a few months.’
- ‘These membranes form a closed, fluid-lined sac, like a deflated balloon, that sometimes swells up to become a hydrocele.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.