One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A binary compound of hydrogen with a metal.
- ‘Lithium aluminum hydride is an important reducing agent in organic chemistry.’
- ‘The hydride is a complex alloy of rare-earth elements and other metals that may be decomposed and reformed reversibly.’
- ‘The oxides, hydrides, and halides are volatile covalent compounds that have low melting points.’
- ‘One of the problems with metal hydride is that the stored hydrogen is chemically bound to the metal.’
- ‘Metal hydrides can store hydrogen at close to atmospheric pressure, but are too heavy for many uses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.