One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition in which excess amniotic fluid accumulates during pregnancy.
- ‘In fact, if you develop the condition during your second trimester, chances are good that your baby is fine and that the hydramnios will disappear on its own.’
- ‘Twin pregnancy is associated with hydramnios and the rare acute hydramnios is seen in uniovular twins.’
- ‘Acute hydramnios leads to labor before 28 wks, or the symptoms become so severe that intervention is mandatory.’
- ‘In conclusion, indomethacin can be used effectively in the therapeutic management of hydramnios in pregnancy.’
- ‘The diagnosis is often suspected in utero on ultrasound by the presence of hydramnios and non visualisation of the stomach on two separate examinations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.