A condition in which excess amniotic fluid accumulates during pregnancy.
- ‘In conclusion, indomethacin can be used effectively in the therapeutic management of hydramnios in pregnancy.’
- ‘Acute hydramnios leads to labor before 28 wks, or the symptoms become so severe that intervention is mandatory.’
- ‘The diagnosis is often suspected in utero on ultrasound by the presence of hydramnios and non visualisation of the stomach on two separate examinations.’
- ‘In fact, if you develop the condition during your second trimester, chances are good that your baby is fine and that the hydramnios will disappear on its own.’
- ‘Twin pregnancy is associated with hydramnios and the rare acute hydramnios is seen in uniovular twins.’