One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for heterosis
- ‘The molecular basis of hybrid vigor has remained unknown despite the importance of this phenomenon in evolution and in practical breeding programs.’
- ‘The causes of inbreeding depression and the converse phenomenon of heterosis or hybrid vigor remain poorly understood despite their scientific and agricultural importance.’
- ‘This phenomenon is commonly denoted as midparent heterosis of hybrid vigor.’
- ‘We therefore think that the results are more easily explained if immigrant genes are selectively favored, for instance, by hybrid vigor, which has been shown for one of the metapopulations.’
- ‘Utilization of hybrid vigor or heterosis has been successful in cross-pollinated crops, of which maize is a primary example.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.