smooth, mirror-like, glass-like, gleaming, shining, shiny, sheeny, glossy, polishedView synonyms
- ‘The hyaloid artery lies in the hyaloid canal, or canal of Cloquet, and is a branch of the central artery of the retina, or one of its retinal distribution.’
- ‘The hyaloid vasculature is a transient embryonic vascular bed which is complete at birth in mammals and regresses contemporaneously with the formation of the retinal vasculature.’
- ‘Some floaters are remnants of the hyaloid artery, which usually disintegrates before birth.’
- ‘The wall of Cloquet's canal consists of multifenestrated sheaths, previously basal lamina of hyaloid artery.’
- ‘The lips of the choroidal fissure, containing the hyaloid vessels, are fused or nearly so.’
Mid 19th century: from French hyaloïde, or via late Latin from Greek hualoeidēs like glass from hualos glass.