One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical Asian plant of the pea family, widely grown as an ornamental or for its edible seeds and pods and as a fodder crop.
Lablab purpureus (or Dolichos lablab), family Leguminosae
- ‘Plant quick-growing vines, such as morning glory or hyacinth bean, around the outside of the lattice.’
- ‘Summer is the season of various kinds of beans full of protein including red beans, green beans, cowpeas, hyacinth beans and horse beans.’
- ‘Other common names for the lablab bean include bonavist bean, Egyptian bean, and hyacinth bean.’
- ‘Barlow says that when she grows hyacinth bean, its red-veined purple foliage and sweet pea-like purple or white flowers stop people in their tracks.’
- ‘Almost any type will work - morning glories, moonflowers, hyacinth beans, even pole beans.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.