One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical Asian plant of the pea family, widely grown as an ornamental or for its edible seeds and pods and as a fodder crop.
- ‘Other common names for the lablab bean include bonavist bean, Egyptian bean, and hyacinth bean.’
- ‘Barlow says that when she grows hyacinth bean, its red-veined purple foliage and sweet pea-like purple or white flowers stop people in their tracks.’
- ‘Plant quick-growing vines, such as morning glory or hyacinth bean, around the outside of the lattice.’
- ‘Almost any type will work - morning glories, moonflowers, hyacinth beans, even pole beans.’
- ‘Summer is the season of various kinds of beans full of protein including red beans, green beans, cowpeas, hyacinth beans and horse beans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.