One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a quick or hasty manner.‘he hurriedly packed his things and left’
- ‘One younger man began to whisper hurriedly to the captain.’
- ‘The governors were forced to hurriedly rewrite budgets and revise laws.’
- ‘The local library found that they had left him out of an exhibition celebrating local writers and artists, and it hurriedly cobbled together a tribute.’
- ‘She handed over some local stew, and watched as the men ate hurriedly.’
- ‘A rescue party was hurriedly assembled and prepared to leave Friday morning, but another blizzard blew in from the west and paralyzed all movement.’
- ‘Police hurriedly evacuated thousands of tourists and theatre-goers.’
- ‘I dressed hurriedly and ran down the empty stairs.’
- ‘She hurriedly shoved the book back into its hideout as she heard steps mounting the stairs.’
- ‘Before he left, one of the servants gave him a letter, which Frederick hurriedly stuffed into his pocket.’
- ‘He made frantic promises of repayment and hurriedly scribbled an IOU on government stationery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.