One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An athlete, dog, or horse that runs in hurdle races.
- ‘He'd ridden a lot of hurdlers, but not many chasers, and we had some good young novice chasers at the time.’
- ‘But this was his hour, a race when he proved beyond doubt that he is one of the greatest sprint hurdlers the world has ever seen.’
- ‘There are a lot of captivating sounds in track, from the exertion yell-grunts of throwers to the sound of hurdlers clipping the top of the hurdles.’
- ‘She finished 3rd out of a very strong field of hurdlers.’
- ‘He isn't short of speed and will be a very serious hurdler next season at the very highest level of competition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.