One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An athlete, dog, or horse that runs in hurdle races.
- ‘He isn't short of speed and will be a very serious hurdler next season at the very highest level of competition.’
- ‘He'd ridden a lot of hurdlers, but not many chasers, and we had some good young novice chasers at the time.’
- ‘There are a lot of captivating sounds in track, from the exertion yell-grunts of throwers to the sound of hurdlers clipping the top of the hurdles.’
- ‘She finished 3rd out of a very strong field of hurdlers.’
- ‘But this was his hour, a race when he proved beyond doubt that he is one of the greatest sprint hurdlers the world has ever seen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.