One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A migratory day-flying hawk moth that makes an audible hum while hovering in front of flowers to feed on nectar.
- ‘I was most surprised to see a hummingbird hawkmoth zipping in and out of the busy Lizzies in my hanging baskets.’
- ‘Like any nectar-gathering insect the hummingbird hawkmoth takes part in the pollination of flowers.’
- ‘In the summer there are numerous species including skipper butterflies and hummingbird hawkmoths.’
- ‘This timing could indicate that the hummingbird hawkmoth has been able to over-winter in this country.’
- ‘There seem to be a lot of hummingbird hawkmoths around at the moment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.