One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Guest conductor Timothy Vernon joins the orchestra once again to present hummable selections from the golden age, the masterworks, and from traditional carols.’
- ‘They are forgettable not because they are boring, but because the chorus always hits with such a wave of hummable, nostalgic melody that it overpowers them, every time.’
- ‘‘They are all hummable songs,’ Mann explained, ‘but actually learning them is a bit difficult, especially once you have to be dancing and singing at the same time.’’
- ‘The arias selected are eminently familiar and hummable - from Aida, Nabucco, Otello, Rigoletto and Il Trovatore among others - and everyone enjoys themselves hugely.’
- ‘I downloaded it and actually listened to it.… and I found it hummable!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.