One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A virus with subtypes that cause diseases in humans ranging from common warts to cervical cancer.
- ‘Warts are caused by different strains of the human papilloma virus.’
- ‘The vaccine immunizes against the human papilloma virus, or HPV, which is the primary cause of cervical cancer.’
- ‘All of the women given the drug so far have not developed the human papilloma virus - the cause of most cases of cervical cancer.’
- ‘There are over 70 different subtypes of the human papilloma virus responsible for warts.’
- ‘If the infection happens to be caused by the human papilloma virus then those slightly abnormal cells have a higher risk of going on to become cancerous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.