One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geography dealing with how human activity affects or is influenced by the earth's surface.
- ‘A quiet and persistent thinking is certainly one virtue that I have tried to exemplify in my own contributions to the field of human geography.’
- ‘As West suggests, ‘in the field of human geography it has long been recognized that one's perception of an area or region will influence one's desired use for that space.’’
- ‘Additionally, the transformation of the human geography of societies since colonial times makes it harder for the layman in Africa to attach relevance to all the talk of neo-colonialism.’
- ‘The literature reviewed in these papers is diverse and eclectic - ranging from human geography and economics through to tourism and business.’
- ‘In contrast with other subareas of the discipline, the human geography of the service sector has often remained curiously undersocialized.’
- ‘None of these criticisms, however, detract significantly from what is a major contribution to human geography and urban studies.’
- ‘There are no street addresses in Iraq because people define the terrestrial geography using human geography.’
- ‘Such an approach would have permitted an analysis of the relationship between levels of homicides and the development of the California economy and human geography.’
- ‘His book anticipated some major methodological developments in human geography in the late 1960s and 1970s.’
- ‘After completing an honours degree in human geography, Philip managed transport and distribution for a large Sydney-based importer of footwear and other fashion goods.’
- ‘A major branch of study within archaeology that draws on archaeological, historical geography, human geography, ecology, anthropology, and place-name studies.’
- ‘Add a little data storage and we can traverse the terrain of human geography, logging our footprints in the sands of time and recounting the meaning of our passages.’
- ‘Prefiguring later surges in academic research, he discussed the urban and global spaces of capital, and the politics of human geography.’
- ‘The case study is detailed and will be of interest to those in anthropology, human geography, and related fields.’
- ‘The trip combines aspects of physical and human geography.’
- ‘Readers should not turn to these books if they are expecting original essays on key themes in contemporary human geography.’
- ‘An expert on human geography has demonstrated significant economic roll-on effects from having only three more families in town.’
- ‘As the great shift from rural to urban living continues, creating alternatives to moving to large urban areas can make a more distributed lifestyle and human geography viable.’
- ‘Research in human geography and related environmental disciplines has not always done much better.’
- ‘It has affected the human geography of our place more than any other force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.