One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The skills, knowledge, and experience possessed by an individual or population, viewed in terms of their value or cost to an organization or country.
- ‘But now it is investment in human capital that will provide economic stimulus.’
- ‘Thus, corporate university training provides employees with a chance to increase their human capital assets.’
- ‘These are costly in terms of dollars, human capital, and technology.’
- ‘The use of female teachers reduced the cost of human capital development.’
- ‘The human capital and experience built up by these firms will be vital to the future success of the country.’
- ‘The latter category of social services is in the form of an investment: the building of social and human capital.’
- ‘Still, the new human capital initiatives can provide valuable insights.’
- ‘The group viewed as holding lower levels of these human capital measures will be screened out of the recruitment process.’
- ‘The west has huge economic and social potential, along with excellent human capital and entrepreneurial resources.’
- ‘Fisher clearly understood how investment in human capital operated and the tax consequences for his proposal.’
- ‘Your decision chiefly depends on the returns to human capital versus the returns to alternative investments.’
- ‘None of the other three countries examined developed such a formal system of human capital investment.’
- ‘An economy well endowed with human capital is likely to experience a high growth rate.’
- ‘After all, nothing has more lasting value than human capital.’
- ‘It appears that human capital and expected wage differences overwhelm the impact of all other variables in the model.’
- ‘Investment in education is seen as the key to improving human capital and building the capacity for future economic development.’
- ‘First, human capital, or the skills of the population, increased dramatically.’
- ‘Another issue that impacts results far beyond the short term is investing in human capital.’
- ‘Therefore, the reservation wage tends to increase for individuals with greater levels of human capital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.