One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Quigley bristled, and huffily said, ‘I'm eighteen.’’
- ‘‘I don't pretend to understand all of the complex parts of Christian theology,’ he retaliated rather huffily, ‘but I accept it.’’
- ‘‘I know that,’ Amanda said huffily, ‘You could have come here though.’’
- ‘‘Besides,’ he adds huffily, ‘I'm actually almost 50, and regard the description as most insulting.’’
- ‘I let her out and she stalked off huffily into the garden just in time to say goodbye to Sal and Dan, who gave me a pretty carved elephant from their trip to India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.