Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dish of fried or poached eggs served on a tortilla with a spicy tomato sauce.
- ‘The huevos rancheros are something else, a pair of fried eggs served up alongside two small tortillas, guacamole, mango salsa and fried yuca root.’
- ‘The restaurant makes a mean plate of huevos rancheros for those times when an assault to the system is what a body requires, and you can make it meaner with a jolt of the smoky house salsa.’
- ‘Nevertheless, in her kitchen, Elena led me through the intricacies of huevos rancheros.’
- ‘I took a plate of their spicy, delicious huevos rancheros topped with two perfectly cooked eggs, a pumpkin seed topping and creamy, delicious slices of avocado.’
- ‘So here is the ultimate Mexican egg dish, huevos rancheros, to spice up your weekend.’
- ‘Mara favors savory and ordered the huevos rancheros served on top of crispy tortilla with a side of house potatoes.’
- ‘With shells somewhere between crisp and chewy, they're drizzled with the same sauce that accompanies the huevos rancheros and served with beans and rice.’
huevos rancheros/rän-//ˈwāvōs ranˈCHerōs/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.