One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A winter squash of a variety with a green or yellow rind and yellow flesh.
- ‘Thus, squash bugs are most damaging on summer squash and zucchini, pumpkin and Hubbard squash.’
- ‘I have never had Hubbard squashes pruned into such artistic shapes as that year.’
- ‘Buttercups, various Hubbard squashes and giant prize-winning pumpkins belong to Cucurbita maxima.’
- ‘However, spaghetti squash has a shorter storage life of two months and Hubbard squashes can be kept for up to six months.’
- ‘Avoid Hubbard squash that are soft or have bruises or mold.’
- ‘Lorne Fitts, master gardener, adjusts the irrigation system for his Delicata and Hubbard squashes at the community garden.’
- ‘Properly matured Hubbard squash have very hard shells and will store for long periods.’
- ‘Other members of the maxima group are Hubbard squashes, banana squashes, buttercup squashes and turban squashes - in short, most autumn and winter squash.’
- ‘What would you suggest doing with the two enormous Hubbard squashes in the garden?’
- ‘My Lakota Hubbard squashes seem to be having an issue with blossom-end rot.’
- ‘One grower, who was not interested in marketing Blue Hubbard squash, pulled the trap crop plants when the main crop was in bloom to avoid interspecies competition.’
- ‘Kabocha and Hubbard squashes are suitable replacements for the pumpkin. and Fontina Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as a main course’
- ‘Some Hubbard squashes have a dark orange exterior and then there's the famous blue Hubbard squash which is gray in exterior but still orange on the inside.’
- ‘They average five to ten pounds, and have been developed from the American Hubbard squashes, resulting in a similarity to the Golden Hubbards.’
- ‘A perimeter trap crop of Blue Hubbard squash can be used to protect summer squash from low to moderate populations of striped and spotted cucumber beetles and squash vine borers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.