One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
How affairs are going or being conducted.
- ‘And because we know that this is how the world wags - that even the least networked of us is connected to everyone if he is connected to at least one other person.’
- ‘I have a vivid recollection of having in an evil or unguarded moment promised to do that which my soul abhors - to write a letter informing you how the world wags here below.’
- ‘If you want to know how the world wags, and who's wagging it, here's your answer.’
- ‘I want you to be curious about how the world wags its tail in different lands.’
- ‘The second stage knows how the world wags but not why.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.