One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said when asking how or why something happened or is the case.‘how come you never married, Jimmy?’
- ‘I told him, ‘If we are not China and we are not Taiwan, then how come?’’
- ‘She frowned at me, looking disappointed, and he raised a curious eyebrow, asking, silently, ‘how come?’’
- ‘He said nonsensical things like, ‘You're so many colors all over, how come?’’
- ‘He rubbed his palms together ‘Could you explain to us how come?’’
- ‘He smiled faintly at Michael, ‘I don't mean to sound pressuring or anything, but how come?’’
- ‘Long-lost customers show up saying ‘Wow, heard you were closing, how come?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.