One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant which is grown indoors.
- ‘Spathiphyllum is an ornamental house plant, botanically known as Spathiphyllum wallisii.’
- ‘Bedding or wax begonias, heliotrope, impatiens, and Madagascar periwinkle can be moved indoors and grown as house plants over the winter.’
- ‘An ideal location is with well growing house plants.’
- ‘Please bring labelled seedlings, herbaceous plants, house plants and bunches of flowers, unwanted accessories and gardening books and magazines etc.’
- ‘To keep the strawberry hoop house plants healthy and growing fast, Wells applies fertilizer in late April or early May.’
- ‘Apply house plant fertilizer monthly to help the bulb ‘recharge itself ‘with energy for next year's bloom.’’
- ‘Some of the orchids to be seen at Wisley are quite difficult to cultivate but others are easy to grow as house plants.’
- ‘It is susceptible to a wide range of diseases and insect attack and this is probably the reason why it is not offered for sale as a house plant in UK garden centres.’
- ‘Good foliage plants have particular relevance when grown indoors as house plants.’
- ‘Many flowering house plants can be grown from bulbs.’
- ‘Here, however, they are unlikely to survive the frosts although both impatiens and pelagoniums can be kept for next year in a heated greenhouse or brought indoors and used as house plants.’
- ‘Fungi on house plants can cause an allergic reaction, but this is only likely to happen if the soil is disturbed.’
- ‘She had a great love of gardening and her house plants were her speciality.’
- ‘‘In simple terms, if you don't fertilize your house plant, it may not grow well and may change color,’ Schultz said.’
- ‘What are the names of a couple of the best house plants for cleaning pollutants in the air?’
- ‘Although they look exotic, Mr Stead said orchids were one of easiest house plants to grow.’
- ‘This is one of the hardiest house plants known to man or woman, which should endear it at once to everyone who isn't green-fingered.’
- ‘This situation intensifies in the winter when house plants are looking for good warm homes.’
- ‘They have gained popularity over recent years, as they can be grown as a house plant as well as in the garden.’
- ‘Our final stop-off was the Eden Project in Bodelva, where two huge biomes set into an old clay pit house plants, shrubs, trees and commodities from around the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.