One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The buses serve the garment workers and the housecleaners, as well as the clerical staff that keep the law offices and accounting firms operating.’
- ‘Well, she hired a bunch of housecleaners and watched while drinking margaritas.’
- ‘Another group of immigrant women from Mexico, who work as housecleaners in the Bay Area, got tired of dealing with health problems caused by chemical cleaning solutions.’
- ‘Ehrenreich repeated the experiment in Portland, Maine, where she worked seven days a week as a housecleaner and nursing-home assistant, but still had to resort to a food bank.’
- ‘I am looking for a housecleaner who is reliable and trustworthy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.