One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brown and gray sparrow that nests in the eaves and roofs of houses, common from Europe to southern Asia and introduced elsewhere.
Passer domesticus, family Passeridae (or Ploceidae)Also called English sparrow
- ‘That's counting the birds like starlings, rock doves and house sparrows, introduced species most birders don't even count!’
- ‘At this site, house sparrows often nest close to available food sources.’
- ‘The oldest recorded Old World sparrow was a house sparrow that lived to be 13 years and 4 months in the wild.’
- ‘The usual birds of winter were out there - chickadees, cardinals, blue jays, doves, starlings, mockingbirds, house sparrows, white-throats, mallards, and black ducks - but nothing remarkable.’
- ‘The house sparrow was introduced to multiple locations in North America from Europe in the 1850s.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.