One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for black rat
- ‘Unlike house rats, these field rats exercise a lot and have strong muscles.’
- ‘If there's one thing the present government can't stand, it's house rats.’
- ‘As well as the beautiful scenery, the group had the chance to see dugongs, a cassowary and her stripy chicks, native rats - certainly larger than your average house rat - and wild pigs with their piglets.’
- ‘Through the development of the merchandise and shipping-traffic in the last centuries, the house-rat could spread above all as "ship-rat" world-wide.’
- ‘Sometimes predated nests were found with holes in the bottom part of the nest, which is typical for predation by house rats, Rattus rattus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.