One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large-eyed nocturnal gecko of the Old World tropics, occupying a range of habitats including houses.
Hemidactylus, Gehyra, and other genera, family Gekkonidae: several species, including H. mabouia of Africa and tropical America, and G. mutilata of Asia
- ‘Instead, the house geckos loitered near the lights, snaring all the insects they could eat.’
- ‘Up to 800 adult house geckos have been caught in one night from one market near Jakarta.’
- ‘Keep in mind that house geckos need vertical space for climbing so use a tall tank.’
- ‘The house gecko will never probably be able to be held for long times, but chances are you can relax it down a bit.’
- ‘You absolutely need a cover or house geckos run up the glass, take a flying leap, and hit the floor running.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.