One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I am fairly happy in my own company but I feel these years are as important to me as they are to him and that I have become little more than a house-sitter or caretaker to our property.’
- ‘In some cases, if you have a pet and choose to hire a reputable pet-sitter or house-sitter, this can be your contact person.’
- ‘A bunch of home-grown flowers makes the perfect gift for your neighbourly house-sitter, and you never know, when it's their turn to travel, they might do the same for you!’
- ‘Her presence means he has a house-sitter during his many forays abroad, and when he is at home he enjoys her company and finds security in it.’
- ‘I stood next to him, knowing that he'd spent the past four hours paying off a year's worth of bills, finding a house-sitter, and several other things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.