One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The mayor says they're an ‘absolute bargain’ and the county council can't understand why house-hunters aren't snapping them up, but 20 homes on the outskirts of Youghal are still empty.’
- ‘I met house-hunters in a queue to see what their opinions were about the accommodation situation.’
- ‘The under-valuation of properties in highly competitive markets such as Edinburgh and Glasgow is leading to frustrated house-hunters wasting millions of pounds each year.’
- ‘It doesn't make sense, but house-hunters will always prefer a well-kept home to the ‘I know where everything is’ one.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the serious lack of choice is unlikely to encourage house-hunters to make a return visit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.