Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
attributive Lasting for one hour.
- ‘The series will feature nine original hour-long shows, as well as a special two-hour live finale.’
- ‘Well it's an hour-long episode which is something we've never done before.’
- ‘Believe me when I say the hour-long introduction and two hour show kept me on the edge of my seat.’
- ‘The house can arrange hour-long tours for groups of up to fifty people.’
- ‘Mourners packed inside the church about half an hour before the hour-long service began.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.