One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Men are more likely to act literally hot-headedly; women slow-burn.’
- ‘Wilfully putting yourself into a situation where there is a high risk that you will not survive is different from hot-headedly throwing yourself into the path of danger.’
- ‘Indeed it is hard to see him clashing hot-headedly with anyone.’
- ‘I said hot-headedly. ‘Look at you in your fancy-pants shirt, shorts and Jesus sandals - you're marinating in the sun, and you'll be eaten for roast dinner!’’
- ‘That is what he was protecting rather hot-headedly and with too much emphasis, because it was a jewel to him of the rarest price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.