One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The short-term provision of office space to a temporary worker.
- ‘Hoteling is not practical for many types of employees, especially those who require access to lots of resources.’
- ‘It has created 11 hoteling "neighborhoods" that are compatible to different tasks.’
- 1.1 The short-term letting of surplus office space to employees from other companies.
- ‘Hoteling allows managers to make effective use of corporate real estate when workers spend limited time in the office.’
- ‘Sprint Nextel also is in the process of converting traditional work spaces into hoteling spaces within its 180 U. S. branches.’
- ‘In addition, an automated reservation system was implemented to provide hoteling.’
- ‘The appearance of hoteling stations also has become more sophisticated.’
- ‘Since those employees spent most of their time away from the office, Sun revamped the space to allow for hoteling.’
- ‘There will be some new opportunities around wireless and mobility, with hoteling and those sorts of things.’
- ‘Within the last few years, as technology has allowed workers to become more mobile, hoteling has gained in popularity.’
- ‘The firm decided a hoteling program was a logical solution to reduce high real estate costs.’
- ‘Mr. Hansen's daily routine is similar to that of most hoteling workers, the majority of whom telecommute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.