One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of several varieties of pungent pepper used dried or chopped as a condiment.
- ‘Stir in rice, tomatoes, corn, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.’
- ‘Add another blast of pepper on top (or garnish with hot pepper rings, jalapeño rings or lemon slices if you don't like spiciness).’
- ‘To enhance this effect further, it is worth getting frisky with the cayenne pepper and spicing up meals with hot peppers and chillies.’
- ‘And as hot pepper popularity is growing constantly, the varieties just keep expanding.’
- ‘I used fresh basil, pungent chives, and a dash of hot pepper flakes in my master recipe.’
- ‘Chop hot pepper and place in small bowl and drizzle olive oil over.’
- ‘The fiery local hot peppers may kill the local intestinal parasites before they start trying to kill you.’
- ‘I also freeze zucchini (grated up for sweet bread), green peppers and hot peppers.’
- ‘Sliced onion, hot peppers, and chopped coriander are then added.’
- ‘Pungent taste dominates such foods as hot peppers and chilies.’
- ‘There's also a freezer full of such frozen goods as okra, cut pigs' feet, snails, jute leaves, hot peppers, red snapper, and hard chicken.’
- ‘Abstract Capsaicin, the pungent ingredient of hot peppers, has long been used to identify nociceptors.’
- ‘Do not use really hot pepper, as my red hot pepper from the States would turn this chicken into a raging fire.’
- ‘I was inspired by the photograph of Gingered Green Beans now in abundance, with chopped pickled ginger and bird's eye hot peppers.’
- ‘Sometimes it's better to work with just hot sauce instead of hot peppers as it's easier to adjust the heat to taste.’
- ‘When I eat certain hot peppers like jalapenos or crushed red pepper, the top of my head starts to sweat.’
- ‘Squeeze a wedge of lime on top, and if you're brave, add a few of the painfully hot peppers served on the side.’
- ‘The Greek salad combines rough chunks of tomato, cucumbers, red and green peppers, a triangle of feta and a hot pepper for a mild but refreshing result.’
- ‘A second later, her mother appeared at the other end of the kitchen from the pantry way, carrying some more hot peppers and onions for slicing and chopping.’
- ‘These new varieties were created to fill the increasing demand for hot peppers for salsa and traditional culinary fare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.