One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microphone that is turned on, in particular one that amplifies or broadcasts a spoken remark that is intended to be private.‘she didn't realize that her snarky comments were being said into a hot mic’as modifier ‘an embarrassing hot mic moment’
- ‘Caught on candid camera, whispered into a hot mic or blurted out on the campaign trail, gaffes are what make a presidential race hum.’
- ‘He was fired after unleashing a string of swear words on a hot mic.’
- ‘A hot mic caught him saying, "I hate this country."’
- ‘I later learned that, unknown to us, we had had a hot mike for about 45 minutes.’
- ‘During the news conference, there were a few reporters who were caught on a hot mic coordinating their "gotcha" questions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.