One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or thing that is spectacularly unsuccessful or disordered, especially one that is a source of peculiar fascination.‘this outfit is definitely a hot mess’‘she is out of control and a total hot mess’
- ‘We knew the offensive line, the most complex unit to get right, was a hot mess coming into the season.’
- ‘That whole storyline was just a hot mess.’
- ‘Beneath the fabulous pant suits and 100-watt smile, she is, in fact, the very definition of a hot mess.’
- ‘Plagued with numerous, highly publicized production problems, there was a sense early on that it was going to be a hot mess of a movie.’
- ‘She called the performance a "strategic hot mess," before saying the whole thing was formulated to get people talking.’
- ‘The harsh liquid eyeliner paired with the rainbow of eye shadow colors equals one hot mess.’
- ‘They had a little spat after one of them called the other a hot mess.’
- ‘It's the largest U.S. city without formal zoning, and if you've ever been there you know that makes for quite the hot mess.’
- ‘He is one of those guys who's a total freak and an absolute hot mess, but you also kinda can't help liking him anyway.’
- ‘I cannot wait to see the hot mess that comes walking out of Betty Ford when this is over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.