Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cathode designed to be heated in order to emit electrons.
- ‘Nevertheless, glass gauges for the time being do remain the most popular hot cathode sensors.’
- ‘Filserv produces a range of hot cathode ionisation gauges of the triode and Bayard Alpert type.’
- ‘The microwave amplification devices used in space today are based on what's known as hot cathode technology.’
- ‘Also at Cathodeon he was working on hot cathodes in lamps used in analytical instrumentation.’
- ‘Many of these concepts are generally applicable to most hot cathode ionization gauges and will be discussed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.