One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cathode designed to be heated in order to emit electrons.
- ‘Filserv produces a range of hot cathode ionisation gauges of the triode and Bayard Alpert type.’
- ‘Nevertheless, glass gauges for the time being do remain the most popular hot cathode sensors.’
- ‘Many of these concepts are generally applicable to most hot cathode ionization gauges and will be discussed.’
- ‘Also at Cathodeon he was working on hot cathodes in lamps used in analytical instrumentation.’
- ‘The microwave amplification devices used in space today are based on what's known as hot cathode technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.