One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of staying in youth hostels when traveling.‘he saw some people climbing when he was hosteling’as modifier ‘hosteling veterans’
- ‘It's pretty much all we love about the hostelling experience, right?’
- ‘Then I had a quick weekend in London with Peter and Jasmine, my tirelessly hospitable hosts in the metropolis, before heading off for three days of hostelling in the hilly bit of England.’
- ‘And with hostelling, it doesn't matter how many bad things you see, you need to come back to the basics - people want cleanliness and comfort.’
- ‘I had done a fair bit of hostelling myself and liked the idea of an outdoor-related job, meeting all the different kinds of people who visit hostels.’
- ‘The council is also developing criteria for backpacker and hostelling establishments, conference venues, restaurants, tour operators, and tourist transport service providers.’
- ‘A spirited campaign backed by the likes of Cumbrian mountaineer Chris Bonington had been launched after the hostelling organisation decided to close Dufton's doors to weather its foot-and-mouth losses.’
- ‘However, if you are traveling alone or with another person, hostelling is something you might want to explore.’
- ‘The star-grading system, which was introduced in the accommodation industry in 2001, has moved on to other fields - such as the caravan and camping, and backpacking and hostelling categories.’
- ‘A favorite activity is sitting on the patio talking with Germans and Italians, another is hosteling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.