One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long slender worm related to the nematodes, the larvae being parasites of arthropods and the adults living in water or damp soil.
Phylum Nematomorpha: two classes
- ‘The good news is horsehair worms are internal parasites of insects only and do not harm humans, animals or plants.’
- ‘Locomotion of adult horsehair worms is a slow whipping action; males are more active than females.’
- ‘These are the horsehair worms or Nematomorpha and the Gastrotricha.’
- ‘No control is necessary for horsehair worms found outside or inside and they should just be ignored.’
- ‘Once the host enters the water, the horsehair worm breaks through the body wall of the host.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.