One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long slender worm related to the nematodes, the larvae being parasites of arthropods and the adults living in water or damp soil.
- ‘The good news is horsehair worms are internal parasites of insects only and do not harm humans, animals or plants.’
- ‘No control is necessary for horsehair worms found outside or inside and they should just be ignored.’
- ‘Once the host enters the water, the horsehair worm breaks through the body wall of the host.’
- ‘These are the horsehair worms or Nematomorpha and the Gastrotricha.’
- ‘Locomotion of adult horsehair worms is a slow whipping action; males are more active than females.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.