One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for broad bean
- ‘Their allowance consisted of one pint of water a day to each person, and they were fed twice a day with yams and horsebeans.’
- ‘Here various fruits and grains from the estate, such as chickpeas, horsebeans, beans, almonds, corn, etc. are stored.’
- ‘The horsebeans produced there are called ‘Native Horsebeans’ and sell for more than ‘non-native’ ones.’
- ‘Broad beans, otherwise known as horsebeans, windsor beans or fava beans, grow well in the UK and throughout Europe…’
- ‘Soybean, horsebean, and sesame rotations were less effective in suppressing nematodes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.