One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Puccini took this even further and his heroes and heroines were little seamstresses dying of consumption, geisha girls being dumped by horridly racist American naval officers, and even cowboys and cowgirls!’
- ‘Unfortunately, a fairly large majority of us are from Irish heritage and therefore are horridly pale and only burn or freckle (me being one of them).’
- ‘He sends away samples and discovers that water is horridly polluted.’
- ‘‘What a book a Devil's Chaplain might write on the clumsy, wasteful, blundering, low and horridly cruel works of nature,’ Darwin wrote to a friend in 1856.’
- ‘Woven into the main narrative are the stories of five other people who have also suffered horridly painful losses, and who, once the source or instrument of their passion is gone, succumb to bitter melancholy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.