One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible way.‘his victims suffered horrendously’as submodifier ‘the prison is horrendously overcrowded’
- ‘The current system is so horrendously complicated that people are being deterred from saving.’
- ‘These changes were poorly written, horrendously acted, and served primarily as momentum stallers.’
- ‘The decision means that punters who maintain they've been treated horrendously could take their cases to court.’
- ‘All the women in this history are either manipulated or corrupt or horrendously victimized.’
- ‘The film suffers from being horrendously miscast from the outset.’
- ‘Market researchers were asking commuters who were just getting off their horrendously crowded rush-hour trains.’
- ‘I will be horrendously busy for the next week.’
- ‘The two lovely animals suffered horrendously and are in terrible pain.’
- ‘My father fought and suffered horrendously.’
- ‘Gravity is one of those subjects where seemingly simple questions have horrendously complex answers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.