One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For those not familiar with John Wyke's horological tool catalogue of 1759-60 and Peter Stubs's catalogues of 1801, 1851 and 1890, a little history will help.’
- ‘At his death in 1999 Edey bequeathed his collection of twenty-five clocks, fourteen watches, and an extensive horological library to the Frick Collection in New York City.’
- ‘Since 1839, Patek Philippe has been at the forefront of the world's horological industry and is a favorite among collectors and professionals.’
- ‘The collection, which also includes barometers and valuable horological textbooks, goes under the hammer on December 7 at Christie's King Street auction house in London.’
- ‘Mr Clay said: ‘Since taking on this rather interesting and unusual project last year I've been amazed at the interest shown by the horological world.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.