One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The collection, which also includes barometers and valuable horological textbooks, goes under the hammer on December 7 at Christie's King Street auction house in London.’
- ‘Mr Clay said: ‘Since taking on this rather interesting and unusual project last year I've been amazed at the interest shown by the horological world.’’
- ‘At his death in 1999 Edey bequeathed his collection of twenty-five clocks, fourteen watches, and an extensive horological library to the Frick Collection in New York City.’
- ‘Since 1839, Patek Philippe has been at the forefront of the world's horological industry and is a favorite among collectors and professionals.’
- ‘For those not familiar with John Wyke's horological tool catalogue of 1759-60 and Peter Stubs's catalogues of 1801, 1851 and 1890, a little history will help.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.