One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The caterpillar of a hawk moth, having a spike or “horn” on its tail.
- ‘Adult hornworms are huge grayish brown moths with wingspans of up to five inches.’
- ‘Protect your plants from damage caused by frost, wind, pests (aphids, hornworms, potato beetles, slugs, and snails), diseases (Fusarium wilt, early blight), animals, hungry or mischievous kids, and jealous neighbors.’
- ‘Parasitic wasps can be released to help control the hornworm.’
- ‘Aphids, whiteflies, hornworms, and even field mice are more visible and more easily controlled when you don't have to battle them in a tangle of ground-hugging vines.’
- ‘While some members of the Berytidae family are beneficial and prey on crop pests such as aphids, mites, cotton budworm, and tomato hornworm, others are serious pests of tomato, cotton, and cacao.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.